Yes. The Z1™ uses an advanced algorithm called Z-Breathe™ to smooth out the breathing cycle while enjoying the benefits of CPAP therapy. Z-Breathe™ has 3 settings: ranging from moderate relief to maximum relief for the exhalation phase of your breathing cycle. Z-Breathe™ is designed to minimize the impact of spikes and drops while keeping the pressure constant, thereby delivering more comfortable therapy.
There are three Z-Breathe™ Algorithm settings:
- CPAP or APAP–1 Enables the Z-Breathe™ Algorithm at a gentle response rate which adjusts the airflow gradually during the inhalation-exhalation cycle. In this setting, the algorithm will initially adjust rapidly to breathing, but the adjustments will become gentle and gradual after a few inhalation-exhalation cycles.
- CPAP or APAP–2 Enables the Z-Breathe™ Algorithm at a medium response rate which adjusts the airflow moderately during the inhalation-exhalation cycle.
- CPAP or APAP–3 Enables the Z-Breathe™ Algorithm at the most aggressive response rate which adjusts the airflow rapidly during the inhalation-exhalation cycle.
To change the Z-Breathe™ Algorithm setting:
For the Z1™ Base CPAP, (the white and gray unit) you will see CPAP-1, CPAP-2 or CPAP-3.
- The unit must be in Standby Mode (pressure of “0.0” indicated on the display).
- Hold down both the up and down arrow buttons at the same time until you see “CPAP-1” or “CPAP-2” or "CPAP-3" flashing on the display.
- Press the up or down arrow buttons until you observe your desired setting on the display (If CPAP-3 is not an option, make sure you have the latest Z1™ Firmware.)
- To lock- in the setting, hold down the Start/Stop button until the display reads "Accept".
- For the Z1™ APAP (the black and gray unit) you will be looking for APAP-1, APAP-2 or APAP-3 flashing on the display. When you see that follow the steps #3 and steps #4 above to set the Z-Breathe™ setting.