Please note that it can take up to 10 - 12 hours to charge a fully depleted battery. The battery will charge when the AC adapter is plugged into the PowerShell™ and wall outlet, but only when the Z1™ and Z2™ is in ‘standby-mode’- meaning when the device is plugged in but NOT in use/ being used for therapy.
If this does not solve the problem or if the issue presents itself again, please contact your supplier or HDM Customer Service for further support.
You can also try the following:
If your battery is not charging:
Please review the following tips below.
- Disconnect the device from the battery and the power supply.
- If you squeeze the arrows on the sides of the PowerShell, you should feel the CPAP release.
- Reassemble the device to the battery and to the power supply. When reassembling, make sure you hear the components click together and see that the DC plug (silver cylinder in the bottom of PowerShell) goes into the hole in the CPAP.
- Make sure to fully charge the battery for 10-12 hours.
- The Z1/Z2 screen will stop flashing and all bars will be solid.
- Note: Battery indicator starts showing 4 bars at 75% charge.
When your battery has a full charge it will be displayed on the Z1™ or Z2™ LCD screen as four solid bars.
Always store the Battery separately from the PowerShell and if you are not using your battery on a continuous basis, please fully charge every 2-3 weeks, then remove from PowerShell.
The battery will not charge if the temperature is over 80 degrees Fahrenheit. This is a safety feature of the lithium battery.