If your battery is not fully charging:
- Unplug the PowerShell from the units AC adapter so that the device is powered from the battery only.
- Unplug the battery from the PowerShell, wait for 30 seconds, making sure that the device LCD powers off.
- Plug the battery back into the PowerShell and wait for the device to start up.
- Push the middle button to start the blower, do not attach any mask or tubing.
- Allow the device to run for at least 30 seconds, the “reminder’ should illuminate. The blower will be noisy and a lot of air will be pushed out of the patient interface. This is normal.
- Push the middle button to stop the blower after at least 30 seconds.
- Plug the PowerShell back into the device’s AC adapter and resume charging the battery pack.
The Extended Life and Overnight battery can take up to 10-12 hours to fully charge. The battery icon on the display will stop flashing when the battery is fully charged. Please note that even if the battery icon is showing 4 bars, this indicates that it is only at 75%. When the battery icon stops flashing, the battery is 100% charged.
Always store the battery separately from the PowerShell and if you are not using your battery on a continuous basis, please fully charge every 2-3 weeks, then remove from PowerShell.